The AfricArXiv team contributed to the third episode of Code for Thought, a podcast on ‘software, engineering, research and anything in between’ created by Peter Schmidt of the Society of Research Software Engineering.
Find out how AfricArXiv is making research output in and about Africa visible through this interactive podcast.
The publish or perish for researchers and scientists. In addition to that many researchers and scientists from African countries struggle to get their work published and recognised. The team around https://info.africarxiv.org AfricArXiv work hard to address that.Peter Schmidt
Here are a few links mentioned in this episode you may want to check:
- https://www.stm-assoc.org The International Association of science, technology and medical publishing
- https://www.tcc-africa.org the Training Centre in Communication in Africa
- https://peerreviewweek.wordpress.com Peer Review Weekly and annual event for networking of partners in the publishing and peer review sector
- https://www.sspnet.org The Society for Scholarly Publishing
- http://openaccessweek.org Open Access Week
About Society of Research Software Engineering
The Society of Research Software Engineering was founded on the belief that a world which relies on software must recognise the people who develop it. Our mission is to establish a research environment that recognises the vital role of software in research. We work to increase software skills across everyone in research, to promote collaboration between researchers and software experts, and to support the creation of an academic career path for Research Software Engineers.