You can support AfricArXiv in one or more of the following ways as an individual or an institution:
Join the AfricArXiv community
Join us in spreading the word about scholarly communication in and about Africa with us. Here is what you can do:
- Submit your research output to the AfricArXiv repository: how-to-share-a-preprint-on-
- Join any of our communication channels: contact
- Reach out to your academic network and tell them about AfricArXiv
- Let us know if you would like to join our team: contact
- Translate with us abstracts and summaries into African languages: contact
- Make suggestions on how else to spread the word about Research in Africa
Donate to support our work
Support the AfricArXiv preprint repository and the people behind the scenes. In order to sustain the AfricArXiv services, maintain and grow the community and platform, we provide individuals as well as institutions with the following means to financially contribute to our work.
Our expenses include:
- building and maintaining the AfricArXiv platform
- community engagement
- service fees (web hosting and other service partnerships e.g. with ORCID, OSF, …)
- traveling and presenting at conferences – incl. related expenses for Visa and accommodation
- partnership building
All donations and sponsorship we receive will be put to one or more of the above-mentioned purposes. To discuss what exactly your given amount shall contribute to please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note: We are not (yet) registered as an institution but work remotely as a team with no dedicated office space. Therefore, we currently cannot issue donation receipts.
Once we have built a viable basis financially as well as strategically with our Open Science in Africa network partners, we will announce the launch of a registered non-profit institution.
[to be announced]
[Business account for Access 2 Perspectives]
Account holder: Johanna Havemann // AfricArXiv co-founder
Bank: GLS Bank
IBAN: DE02 4306 0967 7004 1406 01
Location of the Bank: Bochum, Germany
List of donations
For details please go to tinyurl.com/AfricArXiv-Finances