The AphrikeResearch is a database and networking portal that provides a centralised platform for information that:
- profiles and records African scientists, students and research managers in order to promote intra Africa collaboration and interventions for SDG realisation
- makes easy identification of collaborators, mentors and funding opportunities
- profile funders (specific fields/priorities/countries)
The portal also:
- maps the role of each party in the network
- mobilizes interaction between research managers, policy makers, researchers and research students
- provides a resource for STI and R&D strategy planning – who is involved & in what research.