You can support AfricArXiv in one or more of the following ways as an individual or an institution:
Join the AfricArXiv community
Join us in spreading the word about scholarly communication in and about Africa with us. Here is what you can do:
- Submit your research output to the AfricArXiv repository: how-to-share-a-preprint-on-
- Join any of our communication channels: contact
- Reach out to your academic network and tell them about AfricArXiv
- Let us know if you would like to join our team: contact
- Translate with us abstracts and summaries into African languages: contact
- Make suggestions on how else to spread the word about Research in Africa
Support our work
Support the AfricArXiv preprint repository and the people behind the scenes. In order to sustain the AfricArXiv services, maintain and grow the community and platform, we provide individuals as well as institutions with the following means to financially contribute to our work.
Our expenses include:
- building and maintaining the AfricArXiv platform
- community engagement
- service fees (web hosting and other service partnerships e.g. with ORCID, OSF, …)
- traveling and presenting at conferences – incl. related expenses for Visa and accommodation
- partnership building
All financial contributions we receive will be spent to one or more of the above-mentioned purposes. To discuss what exactly your given amount shall contribute to please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note: We are not (yet) registered as an institution but work remotely as a team with no dedicated office space. Therefore, we currently cannot issue donation receipts.
Open Collective is a platform where communities can collect and disburse money transparently, to sustain and grow their projects.
Send financial contributions via M-Pesa to +254(0)716291963
Via Liberapay you can support our work with recurring contributions. Payments come with no strings attached and donations are capped at €100.00 per week per donor to dampen undue influence.
Read more at liberapay.com/about/